Friday 23 August 2013

Pregnancy Weight and Exercise

Before I fell pregnant I was going to the gym 4-5 times a week for about 1hr 40mins. I had really terrible morning sickness a couple of weeks back so I missed a week but went back again last week and am continuing on this week.

I've become a carbohydrate addict…yes, there you have it, between the gluten free bread, pasta, rice and noodles its all I can think about….when will I get my next fix!!!!

My general diet is paleo in nature, I do however eat oatmeal for breakfast with protein powder and peanut butter.  Lunches generally consist of meat and salad…for both and then meat and vegetables or salad again for dinner, snacks are usually nuts, cheese chopped fruit or vegetables…..obviously there is the occasional sneak in of something I shouldn't be eating…I'm human!!!


I split my gym sessions into four days. I have legs, shoulders and triceps, back and biceps and the fourth day is usually cardio only. After each weights session I will usually walk for 40mins, I gave up on the running when I found out I was pregnant…I got a bit scared.

According to the scales at the gym i've only put on 1/2kg, which Is fine, normal, healthy, whatever!! I just want to know if i'm going to get huge eating only carbs, if going to the gym is going to matter, I know I'll be fit come delivery time but is it going to help my body recover faster than someone who isn't doing anything at all…I guess only time will tell.

I just wonder if others fear becoming gigantic or is it just me? Its hard enough having the baby and neglecting your family after, your husband mostly, but to struggle with how you look just adds another whole issue into the mix, and maybe you're not supposed to say it, but I'm a little scared!!!! Maybe I should only be thinking about the delightful little bundle that will enter my life and forget about the way I look….I'm afraid I just can't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment