Sunday 11 August 2013

1st Appointment

The last week I've been feeling incredibly average. I'm nauseous from the time I wake up till the time I fall asleep. I'm bone tired at around 3pm every afternoon and my face looks like a pre pubescent teenager. I'm at the stage where I need to be going for my first pregnancy checkup….probably much overdue for my first checkup. The only problem is I'm not sure how to go about any of it!!

I went down to the hospital to see the doctor I did when I had the flu. He wasn't there but his office happened to be right next to an OBGYN which I hadn't noticed before. I walked in and asked if I could make an appointment, only to be asked why I wanted one, while the girl  looked to the left, right and around me (maybe my belly wasn't round enough?).  I got a little confused and asked her was this not somewhere I could do pregnancy checkups?? Yes, but why are you here? Well I'm pregnant…..oh ok i'll book you in on Saturday!! I got a text message Saturday morning telling me that the doctor wouldn't be coming in (perfect).

I asked if I could make the appointment Monday so my husband could accompany me but the times didn't suit and I still don't have confirmation for my next request…so far not so easy.

On another note I successfully managed not to touch any chocolate, lollies,  juice or soda…first day down!!! I am eating fruit, it seems to ease the nausea, mostly strawberries, kiwifruit and dragon fruit. I find I can barely stand the taste and smell of any meat at the moment. 


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment